- I think we all have those bands/musicians that we can just put on and enjoy what ever ends up playing. For me it’s bands like Metallica, Nirvana, Linkin Park, Tom Petty, and maybe the Foo Fighters. Recently I’ve realized that I need to add Incubus to that list. I have pretty much their whole discography and I’ve just been letting it play at random while I work. For me it makes good lab music.
- I increased my max squat 15 pounds up to 235 pounds last week. I am pleased with this all.
- Since my adviser has been in Italy for the past 10 days or so I’ve taken the time to get better at programing in LabView. That effort has paid off, and I’ve been able to make my programs I use much more powerful.
- I’ve been trying to figure out a good analogy for how I feel about grad school right now, but I’ve been failing at it. Basically I’ve hit the point where I think I’ve gained all the skills I’m going to gain from this group and I would like to move on to something else (aka graduate), but I still need to get more data for a dissertation. Hopefully by the end of this summer I will have two pubs to my name (a second author and a first author, and yes I do work in a group that is somewhat slow on pubs).
Anyways that’s just a bit of rambling and updates.
Emma Stone attends the World Premiere of ‘The Amazing Spider-Man 2’ at Odeon Leicester Square on April 10, 2014 in London
Last year the Gf did an Easter egg hunt for me with those plastic Easter eggs. Each egg had a little piece of paper in it with a gift written on it. Some of the gifts were stuff she had there for me and some things were stuff that I would redeem the little piece of paper for. Anyways, over the last year I’ve been randomly getting her little gifts and giving them to her as “egg presents”.
Last night I gave her an egg and I was completely shocked by her reaction. The “gift” in this case was that I’m going to clean her a spot in my bathroom for her to store her stuff she would normally bring over on the weekends (basically face stuff and those type of things). I made sure to give her the portion of the medicine cabinet by the electrical outlets so she could plug in her blow dryer, and so that we each have a half of my bathroom counter.
Her response? She started crying because “no one has ever done anything this nice for me”. Yup I was blown away, but I guess it does go to show how much the simple things mean.
-Shoulder Press, Tricep Extensions, Curls, Rot. Cup w/ Bands, Planks, and Stretching.
- Barbell Deadlifts, Barbell Squats, Bench Press, and Barbell Lunges.
- Idk yet but it will be some type of HIIT, and Stretching.
- Body Rows, Barbell Shoulder Press, Chin Ups, Incline Bench, and Tricep Extensions.
- More HIIT
- Bench Press, Burpees, Squat Jumps, Jump Rope, Stretching, Box Jumps, and Agility Drills.
*Softball starts back up tonight. It should be an interesting night because I don’t think most of the team has even thrown yet this year, but meh it is D league softball after all. We’ll see if any of the working out I’ve been doing pays off this year.
*Holy crap the realization that I should start thinking dissertation hit me this week. Holy crap……….
This has been a gf hack!